Creating a blog on UBC can be a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with other students, and to connect with other bloggers on campus. There are a few steps you need to take in order to get started, and we have outlined them for you below.
1. Sign up for a UBC account.
This is free and easy to do, and you will need it in order to create your blog. Once you have registered, click on “My Account” in the top right corner of the website and then under “Activities” on the left side of the screen, click on “Create a Blog”.
2. Fill out the required information. Once you have registered, you will be able to create your blog name and password. In the “Title” field, type a catchy title for your blog that will help people find it easily.
In the “Description” field, give readers an overview of what your blog is about. In the “Topics” field, choose which topics you would like to cover, or leave it open for future additions. Finally, in the “Posts Per Day” field, choose how many posts per day you would like your blog to publish.
3. Upload your content! Now that you have created your blog, it is time to start uploading your content! Click on the “Upload Files” button at the top of the page, and select any files that you want to include on your blog (photos, articles, etc.
). Once you have selected all of your files, click on the “Upload Files” button again to finish uploading them.
4. Add links! Now that you have uploaded all of your content, it is time to add links back to where people can find it easily.
To do this, go back into “My Account” and under “Links & Social Sharing” on the left side of the screen, click on the blue button that says “Add Links”. Enter all of the links for where people can find your blog posts online (including both your website and social media accounts), and then click on the blue button at the bottom of the screen that says “Submit Links”.
5. Enjoy your new blog! Now that everything is set up, it is time to start blogging! To start writing a post, click on the blue “New Post” button at the top of the page, and fill out all of the required fields (including titles and descriptions).
Once you are done writing your post, click on the blue “Publish Post” button at the bottom of the page to submit it for publication. Congratulations! You now have a brand new UBC blog!.