One of the most popular content management systems (CMS) used today is Blogger. It is free to use, but does have some limitations. If you are looking to create a professional blog on Blogger, here are some tips:
1. Choose a Template: There are many pre-made templates available on the Blogger website. You can also create your own custom template.
However, if you want to stick with a pre-made template, the best option may be the Masonry template. It has a modern look and feel and is suitable for both personal and professional blogs.
2. Choose a Theme: You can also choose a theme for your blog, which will give it a more polished look and feel. Themes are available on the Blogger website and in the WordPress plugin repository.
Some of our favorite themes for personal blogs include Twenty Seventeen and Bootstrap 3. For more information, check out our blog post on the best WordPress themes for bloggers.
3. Use Custom Themes: If you don’t want to use a theme, you can also use custom themes.
To do this, you will need to download and install the WordPress plugin called Custom Themes by W3 Total Cache. Once installed, you can add custom themes to your blog by going to Appearance > Theme Options > CustomTheme and selecting the theme file that you downloaded from the WordPress plugin repository.
4. Use Custom Pages: Another way to customize your blog is by using custom pages. To do this, you will need to create a new page in your blog using the Pages menu item in the Blogger admin area.
Once created, you can assign it a title and add content using any of the standard Blogger formatting tools such as HTML, Markdown or WordPress posts/pages templates (available in the WP admin area). Pages can be used as standalone websites or embedded within your blog posts/pages.
5. Use RSS: If you want your readers to be able to keep up with all of your latest blog posts without having to visit your website every time, you can use RSS feeds (also known as newsfeeds). To set up an RSS feed on your blog, go to Settings > Blogging > Feeds and add a new feed name and RSS URL (for example, http://www.bloggercentral.com/feed/your_blog_name).
Your readers will then be able to subscribe to your feed using their favorite RSS reader software or web interface (for example, Google Reader or Apple’s iNews). When they do this, they will be notified each time a new post is published on your blog using one of their preferred notification methods such as email or social media updates (for example, Twitter or Facebook).
6. Use Google Analytics: One final way to measure how visitors are interacting with your blog is by using Google Analytics tracking code (available from Google Webmaster Tools).
This code will allow you to track key statistics such as pageviews, unique visitors, bounce rates and more (all of which can help you track visitor behavior and improve site performance).
Conclusion: Creating a professional blog on Blogger is not difficult but it does require some effort on your part if you want it to look good and function effectively online. By following these tips, you should be able to create an attractive blog that is both informative and engaging for your readership.