How to Write a Blog in APA Format
When writing a blog in APA format, it is important to remember the following:
1. The title of the blog should be in all caps.
The title should be a clear and concise summary of the blog post.
2. All references to journal articles should use the Harvard referencing style.
3. All references to books or other sources should use the author’s last name, first name, and publication year, followed by a comma and the page number(s). For example, “Smith, J.D.
, 2009. The effects of social networking sites on college students’ social lives.”.
4. Use active voice when writing your blog posts.
Try to avoid using passive verbs and instead use active verbs that show ownership of the actions taking place in the sentence. For example, “I POSTED A NEW ARTICLE” rather than “The post was posted.
5. Use proper grammar and punctuation when writing your blog posts.
Make sure to use correct spelling and grammar, as well as proper punctuation (for example, use periods instead of commas for lists).
6. Use bold text for key words or phrases that you want to make especially clear in your post.
For example, if you are discussing a research study that you have read about, you might want to include the study’s title in bold text so that readers can easily find it when reading your blog post.