So, you want to start a football blog? Great! Here are some tips to help get you started:
1. Choose a niche. There are many different types of football blogs out there, so it’s important to choose one that interests you. If you’re a die-hard NFL fan, for example, start a NFL blog.
If you’re into college football, look for a college football blog. There are also soccer blogs, baseball blogs, basketball blogs and hockey blogs, just to name a few. The more specific your blog is, the more readers you’ll likely have.
2. Choose a platform. If you want to write your blog on your own computer, there are a number of free blogging platforms available ( WordPress , Medium , Blogger ).
If you’d rather have someone else manage your blog for you, there are also paid platforms ( Shopify , Squarespace ). Whichever platform you choose, make sure you have the necessary software installed and configured before beginning writing.
3. Research the latest trends and developments in football blogging.
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and trends in the sport by reading other football bloggers’ articles and follow their respective social media accounts. This will give you an idea of what topics to cover in your blog posts and help attract readers who are interested in what you have to say about the game.
4. Plan your posts ahead of time.
Before you begin writing your first post, develop an outline that will help guide your writing. This will help ensure that your posts are well-organized and easy to read for readers who may not be familiar with the game of football.
5. Use effective keyword Targeting when writing your posts.
When Targeting keywords for your blog post title and body content, make sure that the keywords are relevant to the topic at hand and will help attract traffic from search engines ( Google , Yahoo! ). Additionally, be sure to include keyword placement in the tags and titles of your posts so that readers can easily find them when browsing through your blog archives.
6. Promote your blog content through social media channels like Facebook , Twitter and LinkedIn .
Post links to your latest blog posts on these networks as well as share interesting article excerpts or video clips that discuss aspects of the game that interest you or might interest other football fans out there. This will help promote your content and reach a wider audience than would be possible if all of your promotion efforts were concentrated on just one social media platform alone.