When you publish a blog post on your Squarespace site, you’ll likely receive comments from your readers. How to reply to comments on your blog can be a challenge, but it’s important to remember that you don’t have to answer every comment.
Instead, use the following tips to help you manage and respond to comments on your blog:
1. Respond Quickly – Don’t let a comment go unanswered for more than a few minutes.
If someone has something important to say, they’ll probably get in touch if you don’t reply quickly.
2. Be Kind – It’s nice to be able to engage with your readers, but don’t get too personal.
Try not to attack or belittle commenters – it will only make them defensive and less likely to express their opinions.
3. Make Sure Your Comments Are Legit – Don’t post anything that you wouldn’t want published on your own blog.
If in doubt, ask a friend or family member if they think the comment is appropriate for your site.
4. Be Polite – Always thank commenters for their input and be sure to address any concerns they may have.
You can also suggest ways that they might improve their comment if it’s relevant to the topic at hand.
5. Respond Only To Valid Comments – If someone posts a comment that doesn’t pertain to the article at hand, don’t bother replying.
Instead, simply archive the comment and move on with your day.
6. Use Disqus Comments – If you’re using Disqus for commenting on your blog posts, you can respond directly to each commenter using Disqus’ Conversation View feature.
This way, all comments are organized into a single thread, making it easy for you and your readers to follow the discussion at hand.